Container garden expert Melissa King shows you how to create a potted foliage combo that will shine in every season.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 x Precinct Lite Cylinder Planter 44 x 40cm
- 1 x Bag of Quality Potting Mix
- 1 x Cordyline 'Electric Pink'
- 1 x Hebe 'Annie's Winter Wonder'
- 1 x Loropetalum 'Bobz Pink'
- 1 x Liriope 'Silvery Sun proof
- 1 x Pennisetum 'Ruby Magic'
- 1 x Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
Put Northcote Pottery's Precinct Lite Cylinder Planter in the spotlight by filling it with colourful foliage in shades of pink, burgundy, gold and silver.
Make a feature of Cordyline 'Electric Pink' at the back of the container. Frame the cordyline with the variegated Hebe 'Annie's Winter Wonder' and Loropetalum 'Bobz Pink', which has burgundy foliage and pretty hot-pink flowers.
Add a splash of gold to the centre of the pot with Liriope 'Silvery Sun proof. Then add further colour and texture with Pennisetum 'Ruby Magic', with spiky maroon foliage. Complete the picture with the beautiful Dichondra 'Silver Falls' cascading down the front of the container.
Tip: Position it in a sunny spot on the patio or balcony, where you can enjoy the foliage display all year round.