Container gardening expert Melissa King shows you how to bring a touch of country style to your garden with this rustic potted combo.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 x Kentucky Walnut Whiskey Barrel Planter 52cm
- 2 x Bags of Quality Potting Mix
- 1 x Aeonium ‘Blush’
- 1 x Leucadendron ‘Jack Harre’
- 1 x Carex ‘Frosted Curls’
- 1 x Carex testacea
- 1 x Stachys lanata (Lamb’s ears)
- 1 x Libertia ‘Taupo Blaze’
- 1 x Kniphofia ‘Poco Orange’
Create a bit of height and drama at the back of the container with Leucadendron ‘Jack Harre’ and brightly coloured ‘Kniphofia ‘Poco Orange’. Then frame the plants on either side with a splash of gold Libertia ‘Taupo Blaze’ and coppery-brown Carex grass. Make a feature of the beautiful Aeonium ‘Blush’ right at the centre. Then complete the look with Carex ‘Frosted Curls and silver leaved Lamb’s ears cascading over the front of the pot.
Tip: Combine succulents and grasses together for instant easy-care rustic style.